Downtown New Jersey League of Municipalities Session:
Navigating Change in Your Downtown
- Date and time: Tuesday, Nov. 13, 3:45 – 5:15 pm
- Location: Room 318, Atlantic City Convention Center
Managed districts, including Business or Special Improvement Districts (BID or SID) can help your downtown navigate changes in market demand brought on by shifts in demographics and consumer preferences. Whether you are looking to strengthen your existing BID or SID, or start a new one, this session will guide you through the key characteristics of a high functioning organization. We will begin with an overview of BID governance, oversight, transparency, and collaboration and partnerships with DCA and municipalities. Panelists will then discuss and provide examples of successful marketing, business attraction, and programming initiatives, which are the main functions of a BID or a SID.
- Carmelo Garcia, Deputy Mayor, City of Newark (Moderator)
- Chris Bernardo, President/CEO, Commercial District Services
- Beth Lippman, Executive Director, Livingston Business Improvement District
- Ira Kerner, First Vice President, CBRE
- Anthony Torre, Co-founder and Chief Marketing Officer, Spitball
The session will take place in Room 318 of the Atlantic City Convention Center. Downtown New Jersey will also be at Booth 613 in the exhibit area.
Downtown New Jersey Annual Conference & Downtown Excellence Awards
- Date and time: Friday, Nov. 2, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Location: Skyline Room, New Jersey City University School of Business
Join us for a full day of learning, networking and awards!
Downtown Managers Round Table (DNJ Member-Only Event)
- Date and time: Wednesday, Sept. 12, 12:00 – 3:00 pm
- Location: The Patricia M. Kuran Cultural Arts Center, Fanwood, NJ
Join DNJ and Union County downtown managers and economic development directors for an exchange of ideas about hot topics in downtown economic development.