Rethinking the Right-of-Way
Tuesday, November 15, 2022 at 3:45PM
Atlantic City Convention Center
In recent years, communities have re-envisioned the public Right-of-Way (ROW) to reduce the amount of space dedicated to cars, and increase space for pedestrians, active transportation, public transit, and other uses. Experts from the public and private sectors will share regional best practices on how to maximize sidewalk space, implement street closures, and program for pedestrian spaces in an effort to activate and revitalize downtowns. They’ll also provide empirical evidence that rethinking the ROW works!
- Jason Delia, Council President, Borough of Metuchen
- Dave Lustberg, CEO & Managing Principal, Arterial LLC
- Spencer Gober, Associate Manager, Office of Community and Economic Development, DVRPC
- Megan Massey, Assistant Director, Transit Friendly Planning Program, NJ Transit
- Natalie Peneiro, Executive Director, Downtown Somerville
- Courtenay Mercer, Executive Director, Downtown New Jersey (Moderator)
This panel is being coordinated by Downtown New Jersey as part of the 2022 NJLM Annual Conference. For more information, visit https://conference.njlm.org/2022/.