Downtowns today do not function as they did 100 years ago — people live, work and play differently and downtowns need to adapt in order to compete. This panel of experts will share their techniques and strategies for strengthening downtown activity through branding; improving retail mix including entertainment, restaurants, services, and traditional soft goods; and identifying a trade area and demographic strengths. Effective marketing techniques, including social media and special events, will be addressed, and most importantly, the panelists shared their insights on how to get all decision makers on the same page and how to manage expectations.
- Hon. Victor De Luca, Mayor, Township of Maplewood (Moderator)
- Nancy Adams, President, Directions Downtown LLC
- Sherry Cronin, Executive Director, Downtown Westfield Corporation
- Megan Jones-Holt, Executive Director, Flemington Business Improvement District
- Pam Stefanek, Executive Director, New Brunswick City Market