11:30 am - 3:30 pm
Craving authentic Latin American food but don’t feel like getting on a plane or finding your passport?
Join us on a tour of the new Passaic Bistro District for a multicultural experience unlike anything else in Northern New Jersey! The Passaic Bistro District, located on Market Street between Monroe Street and South Street, is rich in the culture and cuisine of Latin America. Come taste the Mexican Sandwich Cemita, Peruvian rice Chaufa, the Dominican mash plantain mangu, or the Puerto Rican arroz y gandules!
Our tour guides will be your ambassadors on this international culinary journey, taking you to a selection of stops in the Passaic Bistro District to demonstrate the extensive food and cultural attractions this neighborhood has to offer.
Tours will be given hourly at 11:30, 12:30, 1:30 and 2:30.
Stops will include:
- Several restaurants along Market Street, highlighting their unique cuisine and menu options.
- A local supermarket to experience the wide variety of products from Mexico, Central and South America.
- Local shops known for Quiceanera and Presentacion dresses, arts and crafts from Mexico and more!
- Art exhibit featuring photography at Mi Casa es Puebla.
- You may even get to experience the Mexican piñata!
A Passaic Bistro District Restaurant Guide will be given to all participants. Tours will be given in both English and Spanish.
Following the tour, discounts will be available at participating restaurants and shops. Stay and enjoy a delicious meal or just stroll the area while you savor a refreshing Caribbean fruit dessert.
Meeting Place: Corner of Passaic Street and Market Street. (Look for the resource table with blue balloons)
Please arrive 15 minutes before your selected start time.
Questions? contact email@example.com or 848-932-2876