11:00 am - 12:15 pm
Dollars and Sense: Financing TOD
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 10 AT 11:00AM
How are TODs in New Jersey typically financed? How does adding affordable units affect a project’s bottom line? How will financing drive the future of TOD in the Garden State?
This event will bring together a panel of experts from public, private, and non-profit entities to discuss their experiences with available financing tools and how they are used in transit-oriented development. Drawing from practical examples, panelists will discuss existing financial constraints, available financial tools, advantages of funding sources for affordable units, innovative project models, partnerships with community groups and local leadership, and more. The discussion will help demystify the intricacies of development finance, and provide real-world expertise for municipalities, non-profits, and developers looking to learn more.
- Paul Ceppi, Vice President, Tax Credits and Financing, New Jersey Economic Development Authority
- The Honorable Sheena Collum, Village President, Township of South Orange Village
- Omayra Echenique, Director of Development, RBH Group
- Patrick Terborg, Managing Member, TD+Partners
- Brian Smith, Manager, Transit Oriented Development, Real Estate & Economic Development, NJ TRANSIT
Approved for 1.25 AICP CM continuing education credits.