3:45 am - 5:00 am
Atlantic City Convention Center
Navigating Change in Your Downtown
Managed districts, including Business or Special Improvement Districts (BID or SID) can help your downtown navigate changes in market demand brought on by shifts in demographics and consumer preferences. Whether you are looking to strengthen your existing BID or SID, or start a new one, this session will guide you through the key characteristics of a high functioning organization. We will begin with an overview of BID governance, oversight, transparency, and collaboration and partnerships with DCA and municipalities. Panelists will then discuss and provide examples of successful marketing, business attraction, and programming initiatives, which are the main functions of a BID or a SID.
- Carmelo Garcia, Deputy Mayor, City of Newark (Moderator)
- Chris Bernardo, President/CEO, Commercial District Services
- Beth Lippman, Executive Director, Livingston Business Improvement District
- Ira Kerner, First Vice President, CBRE
- Anthony Torre, Co-founder and Chief Marketing Officer, Spitball
The session will take place in Room 318 of the Atlantic City Convention Center. Downtown New Jersey will also be at Booth 613 in the exhibit area.