How to Encourage and Enhance Investment in Your Downtowns
This session introduced municipal leaders to the techniques they should consider to encourage and enhance investment in Downtowns. Panelists addressed: how to create a welcoming and safe downtown environment (i.e. design guidelines, policing, Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design: CPTED); best practices of downtown management (i.e. SIDs, marketing campaigns, special events, art in the downtown, etc.); and the retailer and developer strategy to success.
- Hon. Victor DeLuca, Mayor, Maplewood Township, Moderator
- Paul Camella, Director of Development, WELCO Realty, Inc.
- Marc Perel, President, ARC Properties
- Alex Fanfarillo, Chief of Police, Glassboro, NJ
- Beth Lippman, President Administrative Resources, Inc. and Executive Director, Livingston and Springfield BIDs
- Stuart Koperweis, Millennium Strategies
This panel was coordinated by Downtown New Jersey as part of the in-person 2015 NJLM Annual Conference, so there is no video of session.