Reinventing Your Downtown After Economic Upheaval
On November 19, 2020, DNJ facilitated a session at the NJ League of Municipalities Conference. The repercussions of the COVID-19 closures will be felt across all sectors for years to come, particularly small businesses that make up the backbone of downtowns. Recovery is going to be a slow process – the goal is not to prevent vacancies; it is to mitigate the impact on your downtown and its remaining businesses. With proactive and sustained efforts by BIDs and local government, downtowns can recover stronger than ever.
- The Honorable Michele Delisfort, Mayor, Township of Union
- Larisa Ortiz, Managing Director, Streetsense
- Marta Person Villa, Senior Vice President, Jones Lang LaSalle Brokerage, Inc.
- Bob Zuckerman, Executive Director, Downtown Westfield
- Courtenay D. Mercer, Executive Director, Downtown New Jersey (Moderator)
Liquor License Reform Networking Chatroom
On November 16, 2020, Downtown NJ’s Executive Director, Courtenay Mercer, and South Orange Village President, Sheena Collum facilitated a networking session at the League Conference to discuss liquor license reform. Senator Vin Gopal also joined the discussion to share insights about his legislation (S2964).