How To Make Your Downtown a Success
Every downtown has its own character and issues. Recognizing your obstacles and your opportunities – not copying another municipality –is the key to success. Learn how to embrace your town’s identity; understand your trade area; understand the ever-changing world of retail; how to attract unique downtown retailers; and the value of independently owned businesses and how to support them.
Among the questions this session will address:
- How do we know what retail will be successful in our communities?
- How do developers evaluate a downtown to ensure project success? Are financial or other incentives necessary incentives to make the project financially feasible?
- What are examples of proactive downtown recruitment techniques?
- How has the downtown rental market changed or recovered since the 2007-8 recession?
- How can new temporary/semi-permanent uses (for example: pop-up uses, parklets, “take back the streets” bicycle- and pedestrian-only days, etc.) offer added value to owners and other tenants?
Hear from the following expert panelists:
- Hon. Pasquale Menna Esq., Mayor, Borough of Red Bank (Moderator)
- Joe Getz, President, Community InsightsSM, JGSC Group LLC
- James Hughes, Keller Williams Realty – New Jersey Metro Group
- Stephen Santola Esq., General Counsel, Woodmont Properties
- Bob Zuckerman, South Orange Village Center Alliance
- Date and time: Tuesday, Nov. 15, 3:45 – 5:15 pm
- Location: Room 318, Atlantic City Convention Center
Please join us! Full conference information.